February 21 2017
Hare & Hounds: Head chef
Salary: Up to £35,000
Annual bonus scheme £5,000 & share of gratuities £5,200 per year approx.
Address: Lansdown Road, Bath BA1 5TJ
Staff Discounts Package (25% discount at all pubs in the group, and wine at cost price)
28 Days Holiday
Monthly sales targets with additional prizes
About this vacancy
Stunning Bath 1AA rosette gastropub, The Hare & Hounds is looking for a new Head Chef to lead its kitchen.
The Hare & Hounds is owned by The Bath Pub Company, an independent company operating 4 premium gastropubs in Bath. Our pubs are all about great food, fantastic service and a friendly pub atmosphere.
We’re also passionate about building a great company that people love to work for and plan to add new pubs to our group in time. We look to promote internally wherever possible so there’s plenty of opportunities for future progression. Our staff development policy is to help all our staff realise their potential – and we actively seek opportunities for them to do so.
• Develop the current food service operation to deliver improved levels of efficiency & profit, whilst maintaining current standards of quality and customer satisfaction.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Develop & refine food service processes & systems to improve efficiencies and service standards.
• Manage and develop a strong brigade of chefs, training and motivating them, and leading by example to inspire them.
• Deliver menus with guidance from the owners, while achieving a minimum GP% of 70%.
• Plan team structure and staff rotas to bring kitchen staff costs in on budget.
• Work to a consistently high standard in a calm manner and in line with the company’s codes of conduct.
• Responsible for ensuring all aspects of the kitchen comply with EHO standards to the 5 star level.
Skills and experience
• Proven experience running a busy kitchen as Head Chef, with a quality gastro pub food offering.
• A strong team ethic – able to develop, inspire and motivate a large brigade of chefs.
• Strong process, planning and management skills to maximise speed and efficiency both during and out of service.
• Previous record of achieving strong gross profit and payroll costs.
• Strong menu writing ability, sourcing suppliers and negotiating prices.
• Able to embrace & drive change as dictated by customer & business needs.
• Demonstrate & demand from your team high standards of professionalism & passion.
The Pig Guide:
Official Brand Ambassadors for this year's Great Bath Feast. Get involved >